Friday, February 2, 2007

HP & the Deathly Hallows--July 21, 2007

Well, under normal circumstances, I'd be thrilled with that as a release date--and really, I am. Much better to get DH during the summer than during the school year or the Christmas holidays, as some had suggested.

But I knew, I just knew, that there was something really familiar about it. One look at my calendar, and my worst fears were confirmed. I'll be at the overnight for day camp, sitting out in the meadow around the campfire, with the 70+ kids who stay.

I really wanted to go to the midnight release for the last HP book--Laura and I have gone to the other three, and it's so much fun, hanging around the book store, getting my copy at midnight and heading home, settling in front of the fire with some tea and a snack, and starting to read.

It's not likely that the overnight will get rained out like it did two years ago. But that would work. As it is, I'll have to convince my daughter to go to the store and pick up my copy and then bring it to me at day camp--I can start reading sitting around the campfire just as easily as I can, sitting at home. Home would be a bit more comfortable, but I'll take what I can get.

If Laura can't pick it up, then I'll just have to figure out a way to leave for an hour--I suggested that we could take a midnight field trip to the book store; I'm sure I won't be the only one who will want to leave to get the book.

Well, at least I have time to work out the details--in the meantime, I have reserved my copy at Barnes and Noble--actually I did that when the title was announced, but I checked today to make sure they got it entered in the system.

So......now we wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! That's sad. Here's hoping for a rain-out.